Jewdas’ pick of the web…got a suggestion? let us know
- Orthodox Anarchist
- Shalom Rav – Blog of Rabbi Brant Rosen
- Tikun Olam – Blog by Richard Silverstein
- The Book of Doctrines – notes on Jewish theology and Spirituality
- Jay Michaelson
- the edge of where? ‘arguably the best new blog by an Edgware dwelling Jew’
- Behar Sozialistim – anarcho religious Judaism in the UK
Diaspora Jewish Music
- Daniel Kahn
- Socalled – klezmer hiphop
- Yidcore – all your punk barmitzvah favourites
- Geoff Berner
- Charming Hostess
- the KlezmerShack – a fantastic klezmer blog!
- Jewish Music Institute – organisers of the uk klezmer festival Klezfest, as well as coordinators of klezmer music related events the rest of the year round.
- Teach yourself Yiddish:
- Alef-Beyz by Khayim Beyder & Natalia Kazak – a Yiddish alphabet picture-book.
- Grammar of the Yiddish Language, Dovid Katz – a solid text, available for free.
- Yiddish Loshn links page – lots of useful Yiddish language links
- Picture Dictionary – Yiddish, Hebrew, English, Russian and French
- Go on a Yiddish course:
- Vilnius Yiddish Institute – from Oxford Uni to the Jerusalem of Lithuania, Vilna (Vilnius), this dep runs an intensive all level Yiddish summer course.
- YIVO – the original Yiddish summer course.
- Paris Yiddish Centre – holds intensive Yiddish summer courses from the city of Europe’s largest Jewish community.
- Learn a few Yiddish insults:
- Live Yiddishkeit:
- National Yiddish Book Center Digital Library – a gigantic free online library stocking thousands of Yiddish books. A real Jewish treasure trove! Funded by Steven Spielberg, of course.
- Mendele: Forum for Yiddish Litterature and Yiddish Language – what it says on the tin, a popular Yiddish email forum, from Yale. Also hosts a great list of Yiddish web links.
- Boston Yiddish Voice store – stocks Yiddish books
- SephardicStudies – What is Ladino
- Omniglot – How to Write Ladino
- BYKI – Lists of Ladino Vocabulary
- Orbilat – Brief Ladino Grammar
- Hippocrene Beginners Ladino Podcast
Ladino music and culture
- Traditional Ladino Music – 100 years of recorded Ladino music
- 14 Easy Ladino Songs Sheet Music
- MyLadino – Poetry, TV and, Religious Songs and Services
- Hebrew Today
- Sha’ar La’matchil – an easy to read Israeli newspsper
- Lernu – Learn the great international language, the deeply Jewish creation of Ludwik Zamenhof
- What Happened Before That? – An online zine about the history of Zionism and Palestinian Nationalism, put together by one of our very own Jewdas members
- Anarchists Against the Wall – Israeli anarchists building bridges with Palestinians through demonstrations and direct actions. Solidarity!
- Electronic Intifada – regular news from the ground in Palestine and Israel
- Bat Kol – religious lesbian organisation
- Gush Shalom
- ICAHD – The Israeli Committe Against House Demolitions
- Al-Haq – Palestinian Human Rights Organisation
- Salon Mazal – Radical Social Centre in Tel Aviv
- Jews for Justice for Palestinians
- UK Boycott Israel Group – Let’s be honest now, Israeli hummus will be even better once the occupations over, right?
Radicals, Ranters and other Mitsve Notching Chaveyrim
- libcom.org – True descendants of the Brick Lane communards of yore
- Searchlight Magazine – MI5 for partisans
- Camp for Climate Action – Because God lied to Noah
- Jewish Socialist Group – Undz tate-mames?
- Unpious – Chasidim on the Fringe
- Post Punk Kitchen – Amazing vegan recipes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Best of the rest
- Masada 2000 – not on it? why not?
- Chief Rabbi